Friday 5 April 2013

Folding bikes

I arrive at the Eurostar with my trusty folding bicycle....my little Brompton. Eurostar staff tell me i cant bring it through from the London terminal unless I cover the bike. So they was kind enough to give me for free a bike cover, It was almost the size of a Boeing 747 airplane cover! I managed to put it on, took me a while though and i felt like a hippy doing something nobody normally does standing there with a white bag trying to fold my bike up,next I then go through the radar scanning high tech see through so and so security.

As the cover was to put it kindly....rubbish, it fell off anyway after the security check. So I took it off and put it away in my bag. Exposing my little Brompton. No questions asked at the next check passport control, also no questions asked boarding the train and when arriving at Brussels no questions asked there.
So my complaint is.......Whats the point of covering the bike!? My Brompton was smaller than my luggage!

Why not just leave us fold up bike owners alone?

1 comment:

  1. Its silly, I was stopped and treated like a criminal for having a fold up bike! I dont understand why they pick out people with fold up bikes.

    ReplyDelete