Tuesday 26 November 2013

Standard Premiere....Beware of the American!!!

I love America, and I love Americans. But I just dont like the Americans I meet on the eurostar premiere class. There is a clear social conscious among the Americans that if your sitting in first class, you simply MUST talk about how much money you make or how much money you wanna make or how much wealth you have or how much wealth you want to have. Its VERY VERY annoying. But I kid you not, on 90% of the journeys I have made, I have been confronted by Americans boasting out loud about how much money they make or someone they know makes. And they shout it out so loud you just have to look, but thats what they seem to enjoy. Thats what I dont get, why do Americans on eurostar feel like they have to talk about their personal wealth? Is it simply a case of oooooh ime in first class i better talk big numbers just to fit in? or is it a case of simply wanting to be heard?

Well here is a note to all you american travelers. We Europeans do NOT talk about our personal financial wealth on the eurostar. We dont like to boast and we are more refined. Talking, no SHOUTING out the numbers you just made selling one of your 6 houses while sitting in your eurostar seat so the whole coach can hear makes you look very very stupid, unrefined and makes you sound like a wanna be. In other words, you sound like a poor wanna be rich american idiot. I dont mean to sound harsh but that is basically how your behavior translates to us. Now you know.

1 comment:

  1. Allot of Americans are superficial and fake. Apparently even just being in europe is supposed to be cool. Millions of europeans would find that weird. I heard allot of Americans shouting out how much money they earn, once I was wearing my rolex and an american said "Oh! I should have wore my cartier watch and diamond necklass then gave me a stare, she was serious and her husband backed her up. Then they made it their life time goal to inform me they just sold their house for 20 million. Why tell a complete stranger!? I even showed no interest the whole time. I just dont understand why so many americans are superficial.

    ReplyDelete