Wednesday 6 November 2013

London to Brussels....SHOCKED!

Today I did the London to Brussels in Standard Premiere again. This time was different. There is actually good news and bad news. First the bad news. When you have a laptop with you, your pretty much screwed, because when they bring you your food (if you get any) It will take up all your space so when you finish there is nowhere to place your laptop, so you sit there for 30 minutes staring at your tray. The food they give you assumes you are all 5 year old children with a small appetite. VERY low food portions, I think mouse eat more. Surprisingly enough I am struggling to complain about anything else today shocking I know.

Now time for some good stuff. The food was shockingly tasty, yes I am saying something nice for a change!
I had the spicy Salmon with vegetables and it was VERY tasty. Better than anything i ever eat on eurostar in more than 5 years of travel. Whoever the chef is deserves a promotion and a pay rise, because if they cooking I will become a fan of Premiere class. The coach was actually clean this time, all air vents cleaned, seats and head rests clean. Magazines in plenty supply, staff was certainly first class, I think i had a charming African French lady serve me, she was very professional and polite. I feel like there is new management at eurostar? Can it be they actually listen to our complaints? Ummm....well I am lost for words. All I can say is was this just a one off chance I experience a first class quality? or does this mean Eurostar is stepping up? Only time will tell.

First happy experience I ever had on Eurostar.

2 comments:

  1. Toilets at Gare du Nord shocking. 20 minutes wait for a filthy toilet with no paper. No soap, 2 taps out of 3 not working. Where else can you pay the best part of £200 for this sort of service?

    ReplyDelete
  2. you was lucky, its a one off chance you had nice food and polite staff. They are normally very unpolite especially the french. french are the most impolite people on earth.

    ReplyDelete